Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Current "entertainment"...

Currenly reading: Here I Stand: A Life of Martin Luther (almost done -- a fascinating book!)

Currently watching on TV: Election results (with half attention, would like to hear final results on the Webb/Allen Virginia governor's race, and the Maryland Cardin/Steele Senate race); earlier tonight Gilmore Girls (not as good as it used to be, I don't think the current writers know what to do with the Lorelai/Emily relationship)

Most recently watched movie: Ummm, I think the Brazilian film "City of God." (It ain't a religious movie!) Lesson learned from said movie? Don't go to Brazil. Apologies to Brazilians everywhere, but this movie does not make me want to visit.

Second most recently watched movie: Kolya, delightful but sad Czech film for an American used to a saccharine ending. The scene where Kolya talks to his grandmother in the bathtub is painfully sad.

Currently listening to: The Les Miserables soundtrack in my car; at home alternating between The Moody Blues (a greatest hits album with music WAY before my time...but darn if I don't like it!), The Blind Boys of Alabama, and the Footloose soundtrack (the movie now strikes me as ridiculously preachy and sanctimonious...and I don't mean on the part of the preacher, but the music's still fun!). I got all these recently at a going-out-of-business sale, plus the latest U2 album, which I haven't had time to wrestle out of its plastic impatient-adult-proof wrapper.

What's the point of this post? None at all! Except to put off doing a final bit of reading I need to do before going to bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home